The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released provisional results for the 2022 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for both school and private candidates.
The subject results of 416 school candidates and three private candidates have been cancelled for the offence of either bringing foreign materials into the examination hall or colluding with other candidates.

Aside that the entire results of 73 school candidates and two private candidates have also been cancelled for the offence of bringing mobile phones into the examination hall.


The subject results of 38 school candidates have been withheld pending conclusion of investigations into various cases of alleged examination malpractice.

The entire results of 11 school candidates have also been withheld pending conclusion of investigations into various cases of alleged examination malpractice.

This was made known in a press statement dated January 25, 2023, signed and issued on Wednesday night by Rev Victor Brew, the Head of Legal at WAEC, on behalf of the Head of National Office.


“Last year, the same diet of examination was administered to both school and private candidates,” WAEC stated.

WAEC said it will dispatch the results of school candidates to their respective schools through the Metropolitan/Municipal/District Directors of Education.

That of Private Candidates can be assessed at the Council’s website www.waecgh.org.

School candidates who so desire, may also access their results online at the Council’s website, it added.


Statistics

A total of 552,288 candidates made up of 276,999 males and 275,289 females entered for the school examination.

This includes 65 candidates with visual impairment, 427 with hearing impairment and 54 candidates with other test accommodation needs.

Out of the total number of candidates who entered for the examination, 4,309 candidates were absent.


The BECE for Private Candidates recorded a total entry figure of 1,144 candidates.

This was made up of 641 males and 503 females. Out of the total number of candidates who entered for the examination, 84 candidates were absent.

Examination malpractices


Following the completion of investigations carried out into some of the cases of examination malpractice detected during the conduct of the examinations, the 33rd Meeting of the Final Awards and Examiners’ Appointment Committee for the BECE, 2022 held on 24th January, 2023, approved as follows:

Cancellation of the Subject Results of 416 school candidates and 3 private candidates for the offence of either bringing foreign materials into the examination hall or colluding with other candidates;
Withholding of Subject Results of 38 school candidates pending conclusion of investigations into various cases of alleged examination malpractice;
Cancellation of the Entire Results of 73 school candidates and 2 private candidates for the offence of bringing mobile phones into the examination hall;
Withholding of the Entire Results of 11 school candidates pending conclusion of investigations into various cases of alleged examination malpractice.
Meanwhile, the scripts of candidates from 40 schools in certain subjects are undergoing scrutiny, WAEC added.

The withheld results of candidates may be cancelled or released based on the outcome of investigations, WAEC said.

Caution

The Council is cautioning all stakeholders to be wary of fraudsters who promise to upgrade results for a fee. Candidates are to note that WAEC results are secured and can be authenticated.

The Council wishes to express its sincerest gratitude to all stakeholders especially the Ministry of Education, Ghana Education Service, the Security Agencies, Supervisors, Invigilators, Examiners and all who in various ways supported it in the successful conduct of the examinations and release of results.

SOurce: graphiconline

Tagged:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.