Information reaching DGN Online indicates that a 30-year-old woman, Adwoa Ann has allegedly poisoned herself after she lost her GHC500 on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident reportedly happened at Assin Dompem in the Assin central Municipality of the Central region.
According to reports, the lady before poisoning herself has been complaining about hardship.
However, what triggered this unfortunate incident is unknown but she reportedly said the Ghc 500 which got missing was the last money she was depending on for survival and therefore decided to drink weedicide to end her suffering.
After taking the chemical, she fell unconscious and was found by her sister-in-law, Esi Arthur who decided to rush her to the St. Francis Xavier Hospital for treatment.
While on their way to the hospital, they were involved in an accident leaving the sister-in-law, the driver, and other occupants of the Taxi injured.
The sister-in-law has been referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital due to the severity of her injuries whiles Adwoa is still battling for her life at the Francis Xavier Hospital.